I am currently sitting in an empty dorm room.
I feel like it was literally just yesterday that I was first visiting this room.
I remember all the emotions...the nerves and excitement and preparation going into making this little room the perfect little college home for the next 9 months.
The phrase is true. I understand it now.
Time
does
fly.
I wish it would slow down a bit...yet I'm so excited to see where it will take me next.
I was in this same empty little room, labeled Mary Nelson 105 just a few months ago wondering what in the world this first year would hold for me.
And what have we accomplished?
Sure, I don't have any trophies or banners to show for what I have done...but I have more tools in my box.
I've learned what true friendship means.
I've felt what it is like to be totally alone with God.
I've felt great hurt.
I've learned about judging character and about true friends.
I've learned about sacrifice and about hard work.
I've learned about chasing something that you want.
I've learned that no one is perfect, sometimes just good actors.
I've learned when we do make mistakes, you just get back up, brush yourself off and keep on going.
I've learned that I'm beautiful and loved just the way God made me and that at the end of the day my relationship with Him is all that matters.
I've learned that there are days where you just want to sit down and cry and give it all up...but that in your heart there is always that hope of knowing God is truly in control and that regardless of how many pieces you crumble into, he never lets go.
He holds it all together.
So I'm sitting again in this room that is yet again empty.
I hate the goodbyes, but thankfully they're just "see you laters".
I'm ready to see what adventure is next in store and what lesson God plans to teach me next.
I suppose to some this year seems insignificant...but it was one of the greatest years of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment