Let's be real, whoever said senior year was a breeze totally lied. It's good, but it's tough. Stress is high, busyness is like never before and sleep just isn't a priority. That said, here's what keeps me sane:

The family... also affectionately known as the famjam.
Yesterday was declared family play day, which was a much needed escape for all of us. We all piled into the car and drove out to the Rez to play football, frisbee and fly kites for the afternoon and ended up playing a hilarious, muddy game of two-hand-touch football. Next came a fish fry at the guy's house complete with cornbread and peach cobbler. Every minute was hilarious, fun, and much needed but the cool part came after that.
After we ate the boys got their guitars out and we spent the next three hours of the night singing worship songs in the living room. As we were singing I couldn't help but sit there with a full heart and praise God for his faithfulness that sure isn't deserved. God doesn't have to take such good care of us, yet he does. Just a good friend or two in college would have been more than enough, yet there I sat in the living room with seven people singing their hearts out just praising Jesus and I was just so thankful and blown away by God's faithfulness. We really are a family. They are a constant picture of the body of Christ in every way and I am continually blessed by their support, fun times that so easily transition into serious conversations and the continual reminder that God is good, faithful and at work in each of us. That famjam, I just don't know what college would be without them.
#tender




No comments:
Post a Comment