Monday, November 14, 2011

Well hey there, senior

I'm having a hard time believing I am halfway through my senior year of college. Really, where did the time go? I have no idea. I've failed at blogging this semester but thought I'd share a thing or two about what I'm learning so far in my little senior world:


-Think big picture. It may seem huge at the moment but in the grand scheme of things it probably isn't.

-Make friends with guys and keep them well fed... they tend to be helpful when say, your car dies or you have a mouse in your apartment

-Always make time for friends. You need it just as much as they do.

-Laugh often and about everything. It keeps you sane

-Go with the flow... if you're faced with the choice of writing a paper or talking to a sad friend then let's be real... homework can wait. Funny how that mindset changes from freshman year

-Procrastination is an art form. Who knew I was an artist?

-Senioritis is REAL

-Watch out for pieces of wood in the road. You may end up camped out on the side of the road from 2:00am-5:00am waiting for Fred from Big Boyz Towing

-Don't rush, take the time to love on people

-Even when we doubt and can't see good in what is happening God is totally at work for His good and His glory. That's why they call it faith... we have to trust with our whole heart, soul, mind, and strength.

-Keep two types of friends: those to encourage you and love on you and those that you love on and encourage. You desperately need both.

-Above all else, preach to yourself everyday. Remind yourself of who your God is, what He has done for you, and who He says you are. Don't ever stop telling yourself that through Christ we have victory (1 Corinthians 15:58) and that same power that raised Christ from the dead is at work in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment