Sunday, August 29, 2010

So Gucci

Since I've been back at school I've been reminded of three very definite things:


1. I like to look at nature, but I do not like to be IN it. I've been back at school two weeks and in that time have been on two retreats. Both found me in the woods, in a cabin, with no AC, janky "bathrooms", lots of bugs, camp food, sweat, and did I mention lots of bugs? Yuck. Not my forte. (Kelsey, I can't tell you how many times I thought of you at camp with nature in your eye). Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the time spent with friends, but letting me lose on a ropes course to build those relationships is not my favorite thing.

Basically I'm tired of smelling like a boy.

On a positive note (aside from the ants...) I did take the best nap of my life beside a lake in a wonderful place called "hammock land".

2. Mississippians really, and i mean REALLY intensely until the day that they die LOVE their mama's, pick ups, country music, tractors, and their guns.

3. English majors are unique, one of a kind, weird etc. Naturally I understand this because I too am one, but you really don't fully understand until you walk into a 400 level English class first thing in the morning to find a mixture of druggies, quotes, hipsters, scarves, closet poets, emo kids, cigarette smoke, colored pens, and foul mouths. Ah, it's good to be back. I mean really, where else can people get away with huge words and no showers?

In other news we now have a Starbucks on campus, I went to Church with Laurie from Trading Spaces last Sunday, and my southern accent is seriously intensifying. I have started drinking hot tea habitually, made a fool of myself multiple times playing Quelf, and have now seen Braveheart (which is actually pretty good as long as you don't look at the squishy parts).

My time has mostly gone to the BSU, which I am now very involved in. I've made some precious friends and am really enjoying it. I begin teaching a Focus Group (core group) for freshmen girls on Tuesday night. I'm excited, and completely inadequate, but I think that's a pretty good place to be. In my weakness He is strong.

Oh, and I have also learned two new words. Both make me laugh, and I would advise incorporating them into your daily vocabulary.

#1 Chotch
"What a chotch..."
Chotch is in short a bro

#2 Gucci
"It's all gucci."
Meaning: good, chill, awesome, fine

They're even better if said while wearing stunner shades.

3 comments:

  1. TRADING SPACES! SHUT UP! I used to watch that show ALL THE TIME!

    about your 2. - I hate Mississippi. No offense to them, its just not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hammock land sounds like a part of heaven, from one tea drinker to another.

    ReplyDelete