Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Laundry Pioneers and such

Today I realized I'm not a kid anymore. Yes yes, I'm aware that I'm late in realizing this as I have in fact been twenty for months now...but today I noticed some grown up changes. Today I played house. I woke up early, put in a load of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen from breakfast and immediately started baking. After one batch of cookies I paused to take my brother to tennis, then returned home to do the dishes, put in another load of laundry, and bake another batch of cookies. Then I picked up said brother from tennis, folded all my laundry, addressed the Christmas cards, and cleaned the kitchen again from top to bottom. Then I sat there on the bar stool in my pristine kitchen, completely exhausted and so proud of myself. I had the greatest feeling of accomplishment...and I had dropped off a kid, baked, cleaned, and done laundry?

It wasn't until a brother waltzed in with all his sweaty brotherly glory that I noticed a change. He threatened to soil my perfect kitchen, was quickly banished, and immediately the "big kid buzzer" went off in my head. It alerted me that I had in fact crossed over into new territory. I hesitantly say adult territory. The kicker is I really like it (what it is).

I guess really wanting a Brita Water Filter for Christmas should have been an indicator...

3 comments:

  1. it's okay.
    I'm pretty sure I'm getting a set of stackable cooling racks for christmas. and maybe a steamer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. growing up is awesome. enjoy it.

    want to hang out with you soon. can we make that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please! I would love that.

    ReplyDelete