Well, 2011 is here.
I suppose I should write out some new year's resolutions, but I do that every year and I can't say that I have ever diligently kept those resolutions. Oh well... Instead of making resolutions which focus entirely on what's to come I want to split my focus on thankfulness for the past year, and excitement toward the year to come.
So, 2010. I've grown up so much this past year in so many ways. I turned twenty and passed the halfway point in my college education. Weird. I've tasted some of the challenges that adults face, and am blessed to find that when these challenges increase, God also increases endurance and peace. Not always fun, but somehow it's good. I can't tell you how many times this year I have clung to the promise that God's plan is good. I delight in writing, and have learned to see my writing as a ministry. I've had countless people tell me that I'll "starve as an English major" or "had better prepare for a career at McDonald's" (someone told me that 2 days ago), but I just smile and know that writing is God's plan for my life and it's a thrill to use the words He has given me to touch other people. This year I have seen friends come and go , but have been continually blessed by the friends that remain constant in my life. I'm so thankful for my friend family at MC, and my dear shady kids at home. My life is constantly enriched by both groups of people.
That's super general, but those are the threads of 2010. I got to spend part of New Year's eve with a handful of my shades kids, and then with my family (that includes Froy, who has officially reached sister status). I can't think of a better way to ring in the new year than by laughing with the Shadies, remembering old times, as well as enjoying the place in life that we are in now. Afterward Froy and I spent time at home with the family blowing up fireworks/the yard and laughing with my brothers. I’m thankful that the transition from one year to another was made with them as they’re the absolute constants in my life. Such a neat thing to welcome the new year by Froy explaining her traditions and praying blessings over me. I'm so thankful for those friendships.
And, 2011. 2011 is going to be a serious combination of exciting and scary. There are so many “firsts” to conquer this year. I’ll turn 21, which is decidedly adult and seemingly (but not quite) old (which is exciting, and scary), I’ll move into my first apartment with my own address, and holy cow I’ll be a senior. That entails huge life decisions and plans for the rest of my life. Crazy, but thrilling. This year one of my friends will get married, and that is a huge first as we all do this wedding thing together in support of her. Senior year classes will be beastly, but fun is also certain and who knows what else this year will hold? I’m excited to see. Let’s do it, 2011.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment