Saturday, February 19, 2011

blown out of the saddle.

One time Francis Chan said that as Christians we each have a match. Small, and relatively inconsequential on it's own. When we chose to partner together in ministry we each take our small, individual match flame, and join them together. This creates a huge, burning fire that can really make a difference.

I've been learning a lot about ministry lately, and it's basically blowing my mind. God is so faithful. When I got to college I had no idea what I wanted to do, but over time God cultivated a love of writing in me. So i wrote. Well then I realized my writing can make a difference. Why would I waste essays on insignificant topics when my writing is a ministry? So I love writing, cool, let's write.

So then God starts to let me in on His big picture again. He grows in me a love of service. I've always been passionate about service, but this area of my life needed a little TLC. So I love to serve, cool, let's serve.

Well this semester God has paired the two up and holy cow, let me quote a dear friend in saying it's just blown me right out of the saddle! This semester I'm taking a (deep breathe, get ready) Community Service Based Creative Non-Fiction Writing class. I signed up for it because well, it sounded cool. So let me tell you about this verbose class. My teacher spends two hours a week telling me how to pair my writing abilities with serving those around me. Seriously, God not only placed a passion for these things in my heart, but He also provided me with a class that specifically teaches me HOW to do this. Wow.

So, I just wanted to tell you about that, because I'm really excited. It amazes me to see God using people, and it amazes me that God chooses to use ME. I'm not good at much, but I know He has given me specific passions for a reason and being able to pair my passion with HIS work kind of well, blows me out of the saddle. My match flame, my passion is being paired with others to do the work of God and I am so ready to join in HIS big picture. He is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment