I just have not had time to blog lately...oops. This was worth sharing though.
Today I was sitting at Starbucks studying for a test when the cutest little African American kid came up and sat in the chair beside me. He was about four years old and was holding a McDonald's bag that was about as big as he was.
Ever seen the Injured Bad commercial? He for real looked like that kid, so it's established that he was ADORABLE.
So little friend is sitting beside me eating his hamburger and he takes a juice box out of his bag, comes over and holds it out to me. I put the straw in it for him, he smiles, and walks back to his chair. I started talking to him and soon into the conversation I was pretty sure I was in love with "Christopher, age 5. I dance."
Shortly after this realization, an African American man in his mid 20's came running over and said "Christopher, leave this lady alone!" Dude picked up my little friend, apologized to me and walked away. As they were walking away Christopher said "my Dad thinks you're cute." Dude winked and kept walking.
A minute later Christopher came back and said "My dad said you have the beautifulest eyes." Dad used that opportunity to use another line and introduce himself.
Yup, I had sucker written on my forehead. Owned...I had no idea people actually used their kids to get girls. Sad thing is it almost worked.
Moral of the story: beware of adorable little kids at Starbucks, they sometimes come with lonely daddies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i love this.
ReplyDelete