Tuesday, May 17, 2011

goodness.

In my mind's eye this summer was to find me amidst adventure in some great unknown city, or studying and playing hard in Clinton, or spending hours on end writing in a chill coffee shop... This is, after all, my last summer. Next year at this time I'll be a college graduate and will hopefully be entering the working world as a big kid. That said, I have my heart set on this summer being special. In my head special was going to look like a cool hipster job where I get to write, tutor, and drink coffee in my skinny jeans & Toms. All this sounded good in my head, but when it came down to it I never took action on my plan and arrived home from the semester with no plans and in an unhappy, crabby state of mind. (Have I mentioned how difficult it is to go from a 19hr class load insanitynobreathingtimewhatssleep semester to sitting at home?)

Thankfully, God is faithful and His plan for me is so good. What a blessing that the God of the universe takes the time to work out the details of my life. I'm going to be working at Shades this summer, my dearly loved home Church. I will be working with Chad as the UMin Intern and I am SO pumped. God is working through and in UMin and I'm so blessed to be a part of ministry there. It's going to be an incredible summer of ministry, and I pray growth. I'm excited to see God work, and am thankful that despite my shortcomings his plan is good.

1 comment:

  1. hey, so we never got to talk about this cause i had a baby...
    SO happy you'll be there this summer (i trust you know i was your biggest cheerleader in this...) and SO SO bummed that you'll be working with UMin while i'm not there. call me if you need ANYTHING and promise that you'll come over for a few good chats on the couch with me and baby #2, ok?
    mk

    ReplyDelete