Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Squeaky clean just ain't worth it.

Well, it's summer which inevitably means I'll be blogging pretty frequently. I suppose I should make a list of things I'd like to accomplish this summer, but I'll attend to that later. For this first entry I'd just like to share a bit of wisdom about the carwash...

This afternoon my father put some money in my hand and told me to go get my car washed. Being the competent, 20 year old that I am this was what my brother would call "nbd". I payed for the car wash and got into line behind another car. My father's only instruction was to ask the man to remove my antenna before washing. I rolled down my window and waved at the dude, who was about my age and not all that bad looking. He was puzzled as to a) why I was waving at him and b) why i had my window down going into a car wash. I asked him to remove the antenna. He said no and walked off. Of course it was at this exact moment that the other worker told me to drive forward onto the belt thingie, but I was still wondering if the dude was joking and was actually going to come back and take the antenna off. Naturally, while I pondered these things I forgot to brake...meaning my car rolled forward, missed the belt, and of course almost hit afore mentioned dude. The two workers yelled, screamed, and waved their arms which snapped me out of my "special moment" and back into reality where I reversed the car, got it on the belt, and sunk down behind the wheel hoping to magically disappear while the two workers being sure of their safety once again, erupted into laughter...which I soon found out was because I also forgot to roll the window up.

No comments:

Post a Comment