I love that when there is a crash, or any sort of loud noise in our house the question is not "what happened" or "who did it". The question is "EMILY GRACE! What'd you do this time?" Always directed toward me without fail. Thanks guys.
Yeah, so I am the culprit 80% of the time...but that's beside the point. I can't help it if the whole "grace in the name thing" is a total jinx.
Of course I never respond as I quickly try to right the wrong before someone hunts me down to see what has been broken, dropped, or stained...They don't understand when I suggest that I prefer to think of it as just redecorating or rearranging.
Too bad this time there's a big yellow spot on the carpet.
Oops.
Just to cover all the bases...No, i didn't have an accident.
I wish I could tell you I was being artsy and painting a masterpiece and spilled the yellow paint on the carpet.... No such luck.
For a split second I considered blaming the dog...but I think my Mom would believe her over me.
Look, it's hot outside. I needed something cold. Of course my first choice was frozen lemonade. Of course I dropped it (GRACE) on carpet (GRACE)...but only after it was good and melted (GRACE).
Appropriate adjectives here: soupy; sticky; yellow.
Too bad when I drop things I don't just drop them and have a little puddle to show for it.
When I drop things it's more along the lines of a canon ball into still water...
You get the picture.
Plus you've met me...so you've probably witnessed this.
But IT'S FRIDAY...and I like to think that somewhat justifies my egregiously offensive lemonade infringement.
This Friday night is probably one of the lamest on record for most teenagers, but I'm 100% ok with that. I'm enjoying myself. Tonight is the kind of night where a change of scenery consists of moving from the couch to the recliner. I'm thoroughly looking forward to being a bum this weekend. That's my goal this weekend--to reach a sort of "bum utopia". Lofty goal, I know...but I think I can do it. Aside from an occasional scenery change & spill I plan to sit here and enjoy every minute of it. Ah, living the good life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment